Sunday, November 14, 2010

1440x900 minotor with Intel 82845G graphics controller?

I have a PC with integrated graphics driver that is Intel 82845G graphics controller. I recently bought a 1440x900 resolution LCD monitor (widescreen). I can set the windows to go to theat resolution, but the picture flickers a little bit. I have tried changing the refresh rate and even change from 32 bit to 16 bit color.

If I connect my laptop to the monitor, it looks great. Something about my graphics controller is not good. I even downloaded the latest driver. Can someone suggest a way out?

I also have an nvidia graphics card, but that is for AGP and I only have PCI slot in the desktop. HOw can I use that card if my native integrated graphics controller cannot support the new monitor very well?

The monitor also has DVI input. I fyo uhave suggestion for a cheap graphics card for PCI slot, please let me know.



Thanks.1440x900 minotor with Intel 82845G graphics controller?
Sounds to me the integrated card does not support the resolution of this wide display. You might try any drivers specific to the display. I had a similar flicker problem with an LCD and once I updated the manufacturer's drivers, the problem went away.



If that doesn't help, limit your frustration and just get a video card that will support that resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment