Sunday, November 14, 2010

Does anyone know how to change monitor settings?

Before I reinstalled windows I was having trouble with the display. I used to play D2 with a friend of mine and it wasn't loading anymore...

Now, there's a problem with it still - when it comes to DirectDraw %26amp; Direct3D... It says that there's no usable videomodes and my computer is too old or whatever. IT WAS WORKING BEFORE!!!



After a little bit of research, I found that it was because I needed to change my display settings. From Default Monitor to whatever. Unfortunately, it won't let me change it. I'll go to my settings and all that, then the dropdown under Screen Refresh Rate... It only has ';Use hardware default setting';. I can't change it, which sucks. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Please helppp =(Does anyone know how to change monitor settings?
You need to find the right drivers for you monitor.

Search Google for your monitor make and model and download the latest drivers for it.



Windows won't let you change any of the settings because it can't tell what sort of monitor you have without the right drivers. It just assumes that you have a bog standard run of the mill, generic monitor that can't do anything flash and won't let you change settings that may or may not work.Does anyone know how to change monitor settings?
in my experience, the direct draw demands a graphics card which can handle it and the drivers for that card to be installed specifically, not a windows default driver. the monitor has very little to do w/ this issue.



yueah, the card can be fine and still not have the proper drivers loaded. i've used really old monitors on newer systems and never had to load drivers for the monitor specifically and ran all direct draw just fine. could be wrong but have been working w/ computers since '78 and never seen a monitor cause the issue you mention, only the graphics drivers.



if you still wamnt a driver for your monitor, it wasn't hard to find, go here:



http://cid-17610ad2c13ec04d.skydrive.liv
  • car purchasing advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment