Saturday, November 13, 2010

What kind of adjustments on my monitor will help me?

I have headaches from playing the computer too much so any adjustments on my moniter i can make to help my eyes(obiously i need to take a break but when i have to use it)? Like i heard about changing your refresh rate but i dont know how to do it so if you have an idea could you please explain step by step?



Thanks

~JungWhat kind of adjustments on my monitor will help me?
If it is a LCD then changing the refresh rate will have no effect.



If it is a CRT then the refresh rate should be 75 Hz or higher.





My guess is that you are spending too long playing games. When you stare at the screen you do not blink enough and your eyes dry out. Also you sit much stiller and do not move as much as you would normally, this puts strain on your muscles, especially your upper back, shoulders and neck. These are the reasons you are getting headaches.



Every few minutes you need to look away from the screen and close your eyes. Every hour or so you need to get up, stretch and move around.



Also put your screen where you can see it comfortably. If you end up hunched over the keyboard, back curved one way and neck curved the other way, then you are going to get headaches quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment