Saturday, November 13, 2010

How can I change the screen refresh rate of my monitor while in safe mode?

I have this monitor which is capable of having 1600 x 1200 screen resolution. (I don't know the size of it it think about 19'; or 21';).



I read some articles about monitors and I need to change my refresh rate to 75 Hertz. But when I'm going to change it in normal mode, after the loading of Windows XP. The screen goes black.



I can only use the monitor in safe mode. thats why i want to know how to change the refresh rate while in safe mode.



Thanks!How can I change the screen refresh rate of my monitor while in safe mode?
You can't change it in safe mode.The problem you're having is probably with your video card.Most big screens or LCD's hooked up with DVI,the refresh rate is limited to 65.If you use VGA,it may go to 75 with no problems.If your video card says the refresh rate should be set at 65 and you go to 75,that's why it goes black.How can I change the screen refresh rate of my monitor while in safe mode?
Start the PC up in VGA mode. This is on the same menu as Safe mode.



I don't think you can change refesh rates unless the correct driver is loaded - which it isnt in safe mode.



In any case you can just change the screen resolution in safe mode and this will cause the refresh rate to go back to default in regular mode.



75hertz is fine if you have a CRT monitor. However some flat screens only support 60htz. Because of the different technology used in flatscreens you do not see a noticable flicker with 60htz - like you would on a CRT.
in safe mode you can only do drivers removal with minimum set of drivers to work with, screen will be at its lowest refresh rate so that you can see what is going on.



Don't play with your settings unless it is very much required refresh rate of 60 hz is good and even 56 hz refresh rate hardly makes any difference so why at all you want to change to a rate which monitor does not support.

No comments:

Post a Comment