Saturday, November 13, 2010

Screen Refresh Rate won't stay?

Hey everyone.. I'm trying to change my screen refresh rate and resolution to 1680x1050 True Color (32-bit) 60 Hertz. However, everytime I change to that refresh rate and resolution, my computer or monitor automatically changes back to 1680x1050 True Color (32-bit) 59 Hertz. How can I forcefully change it? I don't want it to keep changing back. Also, when my screen goes black, it tells me the recommended settings are 1680x1050 True Color (32-bit) 60 Hertz.. but it won't change. I can change to a lower resolution like 1440x900 and 60 Hertz and it stays.. But the resolution is too big for me. %26gt;_%26gt; please help. The monitor i'm using is HP w2207 Wide LCD monitor.Screen Refresh Rate won't stay?
yea pushing a monitor past 60hz will physically damage it beyond repair





That is why its not letting you do it



LCD panels function at a sole Hertz. and nothing else.



However there are new LCD panels on the market that function at 120Hz (Dynamic 3D capable btw with Nvidia 3D vision) and some of the newer ones (like OLED) function at 240Hz.



But yours does not.





If you have trouble reading Text in windows. Hold down your CTRL key and scroll your mouse wheel up and down, Watch what happens :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment