Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I reset my video settings to try slowing down the refresh rate to avoid screen freezeups on my laptop?

Occasionally my laptop...quite often actually....the screen freezes up or the mouse pointer freezes and I have to reboot to get going again. How can I fix that? Mobile a says I might be able to change my video refresh rate. How do I do that?How do I reset my video settings to try slowing down the refresh rate to avoid screen freezeups on my laptop?
rytclick desktop go to advanced display settings ... click the adapter tab ... list all modes .. then see what it is ... for an lcd its usually 60hz ... i wouldnt mess with it if it already is that ... if ur bit depth is 32 try changing it to 16 is all i would try ... u may want to try updating ur video driver as well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment