Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change my computer's refresh rate? When I switch it to higher, it always reverts back to a lower one.?

I am trying to change it to 60 Hz but it always reverts back to 59, even if I say I want to keep the settings. What can I do to prevent the refresh rate from reverting back? I am running Windows 7 on an Alienware laptop.How do I change my computer's refresh rate? When I switch it to higher, it always reverts back to a lower one.?
If you're talking about the display on your laptop, whether it's at 59 Hz or 60 Hz shouldn't really matter. Really though, a hardware limiter is probably forcing your laptop to peak at 59 Hz refresh rate and your video card and driver are just obeying that limit.



Try updating your graphics drivers to see if it makes a difference, though it probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment