Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do I change the monitor refresh rate on Ubuntu?

Hi

I have Ubuntu 8.04

I tried to open one of my games but it said I needed

1280 X 1024 and a refresh rate of 60.

In the resolution settings I set the options

to 1280 X 1024 but my refresh rate choices were only

55 and 50.

what can I do?How do I change the monitor refresh rate on Ubuntu?
if you don't have the 60Hertz option then your monitor is not capable of running at that frequency. you need a new monitor.How do I change the monitor refresh rate on Ubuntu?
This is not correct. It is possible that the monitor does not support higher refresh rates but it is more likely that his xServer config is not setup correctly.



Try sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Report Abuse

  • area condos for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment