Sunday, November 14, 2010

My multiple dual monitor set up is all of a sudden faulty. My second monitor is cut off. A way to fix it?

I've been using a dual monitor for a while on my laptop. I have a NVIDIA 8600m GT graphics card. It was working perfectly until one day I noticed that my second monitor started flickering and that the image was cut off. I fixed the flickering by changing the refresh rate, and I fixed part of the cut off problem by changing the resolution to something not meant for flat screen. However, my screen is still messed up because the image still appears a little to the right. The left side is cut off by a dark blue area. The dark blue isn't clickable. I can see my whole desktop now but I would like it to be centered. How do I change this?My multiple dual monitor set up is all of a sudden faulty. My second monitor is cut off. A way to fix it?
Some of this sounds like distortion.

Make sure you're not using a bad cable.



Also, if you believe the image is shifted, and are using a VGA (not DVI/digital) connection to the external monitor, try using the monitor's settings to movie the image over.

No comments:

Post a Comment