Sunday, November 14, 2010

How to increase display resolution and screen refresh rate in Windows XP?

I have ruined my two days in order to solve this problem but I couldnot.I am explaining this step by step. Problem is related with Screen Resolution and Screen Refresh Rate.



My Laptop Configuration is

-Gericom First Supersonic PCI E

-Intel 915PM ChipSet

-1.73 Ghz Intel M Centrino

-1 GB RAM

-Nvidia Geforce Go 128 Graphics Card





If I go in Display properties%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Setting, Its only showing Default Monitor under display and giving me screen resolution option of either (800 x 600) OR (1024 x 768). I could not able to increase resolution.



If I go to Display Properties%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Settings%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Advanced%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Adap鈥?All adapter information is Unavailable. If you open up properties it will mention driver name ';2VgaSave'; and says that This device is working properly.



My screen refresh size is very slow. I tried to change it (Display Properties%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Settings%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Advanced%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Moni鈥?but its not giving me any option except Default hardware settings.



In Device Manager under display adaptor its showing only ';Nvidia Geforce Go 6600'; ITs status showing everything is fine in General, Driver Tab.





I thought to change some setting in ';NVidia nView Desktop Manager'; which is located in Controle Panel but I could not able to open it. Its not opening and showing no error as well.



I have tried various times to uninstall/Install graphics card drivers. I tried for latest updates of drivers but they are not installing.



I tried to disable the default monitor

DisplayProperties%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Settings%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Advance鈥?Usage %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Disable

then my windows screen got blank. I tried everything to get it back but in the end i have to install windows again.





I am not getting exactly what really the problem is



1- Is the problem related to Graphics card driver?

2- Is the problem related to Graphics Card?

3- Or My laptop BIOS needs to update?

4- How to resolve this issue?



Please advice me what to do



MDHow to increase display resolution and screen refresh rate in Windows XP?
Ok, Sounds like you have DRIVER issues...



It sounds like you have an integrated Nvidia GEForce Go 6600 128 graphics adaptor (you should be able to tell for SURE by referencing your documentation -- what type of laptop?)



My first clue is that you said that when you go to the Adaptor Advanced settins, everything is unavailable -- BAD DRIVER INSTALLATION... If you've downloaded the latest available drivers from NVIDIA, try using a 3rd party driver... My favorite is Omega drivers (http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia_winxp.php). Download the latest driver there (one size fits most, i.e., dont worry abotu versions, just download and install). you should first UNINSTALL your current adaptor and it's drivers... you can do this from the DRIVER tab in the Advanced Adaptor Properties.



Once this is installed, according to the NVIDIA website, you should be able to acheive a resolution of 2048x1536 on a refresh rate of 85 Hz.



You should not need to install or worry about the MONITOR driver... However if your system came with a driver CD, you might consider checking there for one.



Dont worry about messing with nView at the moment. Just get the drivers installed so that you can see the properties and use the right resolutions... nView wont do anything there that regular display settings cant.



I'm willing to guarantee that this is a driver problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment