Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I change the hertz on my hdtv?

I purchased a Samsung UN55B8000 that has a refresh rate of 240hz, but my hdtv is only playing in 60hz on every channel. What's a way I can change it to 240hz? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!How do I change the hertz on my hdtv?
The 60Hz you're seeing is the electricity amplitude. There is only 60Hz (North America). The other option is 50Hz (Europe/Asia).



The 240Hz refresh rate feature is always on. Some older HDTVs had the ability to turn it on/off in the menu system, but modern ones have it on all the time (whether its auto on/off or just purely always on, I'm not sure). So with such a new set, there's nothing for you to do. It should always be working to help reduce/hide motion blur issues.



Again as far as I know you shouldn't have to do anything. But giving the manual a quick read might be worth it if you feel the option can be turned on/off. But I'm pretty sure like I've already said, its always on.

No comments:

Post a Comment