Saturday, November 13, 2010

How to change my monitor's refresh rate?

I have a CRT monitor with windows vista. My monitor was working perfectly until i got curious... I changed the refresh rate from 60 hertz to 85 hertz without know what it was going to do. Now my screen is messed up, i can't see anything. I managed to go into safe mode to uninstall my display adapter so it goes back to default. But now I cant use any of the display settings; I can only use them if i update my display adapter but then it goes into 85 hertz again. I only want to make in go back to 60 hertz as default. How to change my monitor's refresh rate?
Once in safemode run ';msconfig';, get to the startup tab and uncheck the box next to the display drivers to ensure that they dont load once you startup. Do a normal startup then activate the windows narrator. Then go and run msconfig again and enable the display drivers. And restart your pc. Try using the narrator 2 fix that problem. But first remember 2 click the appropriate button on the dialog box that will appear at the centre of the screen at startup. Good luck! How to change my monitor's refresh rate?
best to bring to computer tech. 85 hertz shouldn't affect things. Software (OS reinstall?) or hardware (bad video card?) problem maybe?
you try booting on safe mode and change it 85hz to 60hz

or

try to reinstall the display driver

No comments:

Post a Comment